Sunday, September 25, 2005

it's killing me

Seb is in his room crying right now. It's 9:30 pm. His normal bedtime is 8:00. He is so exhausted, hardly slept today and doesn't want to sleep now. But he looks so tired. red rimmed eyes. he NEEDS sleep. Poor little guy can't breath through his nose at all. He won't eat. I hate hate hate letting him cry. It's 10 times worse when he's sick. Please let him fall asleep soon.

edited to add: SUCCESS! Of course, I only lasted the 4 minutes it took to write this original post before I went to his room to get him. We stood in the dark living room, rocking back and forth, looking out the window. Within 5 minutes I felt his body relax in my arms and he started the soft moaning that he does before he falls asleep. mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm soon he was asleep.

a funny side note. If people could only see some of the things I do for the benefit of these kids (e.g. dancing is a prime example). just now is another good example. I very gently laid Seb in his crib (so as not to wake him up) and right away he rolled on his stomach and started to sit up. IMMEDIATELY I dropped to the floor on all fours so he didn't see me. (hoping that if he didn't see me he'd go back to sleep). I held my breath listening. I heard a little bit of movement followed by some long deep 'sleeping' breaths. I VERY SLOWLY, lifted up my head and peeked over the side of his crib until I could see that he was asleep. For some odd reason I then crawled out of his room on my hands and knees until I reached the door.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrsf1231 said...

Awe Karen I am glad he finally fell asleep. I hope they kiddos are feeling better soon! I do the exact same thing with them both still...freezing in the most uncomfortable positions. its amazing what we will do for our kids (or for a little bit of sleep).

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

That's good he finally fell asleep. Poor guy! They seem to fight it the most when they are so tired! I do the exact same thing, drop on all 4's and crawl out Jack's room!

10:09 AM  
Blogger JL said...

Karen I CANNOT tell you how many times I have done that sneak out thing with Ben - um, the first year and a half of his life! I learned exactly what parts of our hardwood floor squeek - and do a crazy steppy thing to get out of that room.
you are the best mom - I hope they all feel better soon!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Aww... I hope everyone got some sleep last night.

I've crawled out of both kids' rooms before. Too funny.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home