Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thank you

Thank you to the people who I just passed at the coffee shop... the friendly barista who told me he loved my starbucks card because it reminded him of his mother. To the well-off business man who mentioned that he just had a big breakfast so only wanted a coffee this morning. I though it was cool that, when the barista asked if he went to Ihop, his responses was "no, I wish. Yum!". I know he probably went to a 5-star hotel and had a $75 breakfast, but he didn't act all better-than-thou!

Thank you to Sebastian for sleeping until 6:00 am and then cuddling in my arms this morning before I left for work.

Thank you to the bus driver for being 5 minutes late so I didn't miss the bus.

Thank you to CJ for the music you loaded onto my iPod last night. I LOVE the two songs you wrote. I closed my eyes and listened to "espana" over and over again on the bus. I imagined us, sitting at a little table on the beach of Menorca, Spain sharing a bottle of red wine while someone played the guitar in the backgroud. It was fabulous. I love you.

Thank you to all my dear friends at MH. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for keeping in touch. I miss you all so very much. (((HUGS)))

p.s. I am also thankful that I finally figured out what I want to do with my career.... :) It's a secret right now.

7 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

wow, what are you going to do with your career? I cannot wait to hear! I glot all misty reading your post today...
you are awesome. I miss you at MH - come back!

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your day has continued to go well, Karen. I'm anxious to hear about your "decision" as well. Keep postin' girl!

(we all miss you too!)

Cindy

12:41 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

sounds like an awesome day so far. How exciting to make a decision I cannot wait to hear what it is.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Definitely a good day!

Now what's this talk of a career decision? Do tell!

We miss ya, Karen! No one livens up GD on a slow day like you do! ;)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

Oh I can't wait to hear what you're going to do too. Come back to MH!!!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger TQ said...

Wow, I hope your day was as warm and fuzzy as it started :)
Is the sun shining in Seattle today? The sky is always more blue there...I think its cuz the rain washes away the dirty air :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, a post full of good stuff to comment on.
Career decision- I am intrigued! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I did not know you left MH, although my heart smiled when I saw all the MH mamas here! You are loved :)

'Yeah that' to what Heather said. You are dominatrix of the GD board...

Teresa...sunny days here. It's the best! Hint of autumn...pefect.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home