Wednesday, October 12, 2005

music

I don't listen to music enough. I used to, but somewhere along the way I stopped. I think it was when life got hectic and I stopped listening to music in the car because I just wanted a few minutes of peace.

But now I have started again. I've also just recently realized that it's ok to enjoy music that isn't mainstream. It's not about "fitting in". Music is a gift. Everyone has their own music style. And everyone has different moods and types of music to match each mood. Music also has the ability to change our mood. I can listen to music and it will make me feel good, make me relax, make me wake up, whatever. It is pretty powerful

A couple weeks ago, I was listening to NPR and they did a segment on a certain musician (eta: David Gray). I really enjoyed the music clips they played. I mentioned this to CJ and so he went and bought me the CD and loaded it onto my iPod (cause that's just the kid of guy he is). I was listening to it on the bus this morning. I loved it! It's very mellow music.... very soothing. It felt like a HUG. That's exactly what I needed this morning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooooo are you gonna tell us who it is? We could all use a hug too, you know. :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I am not familiar with him. I am going to try to find him on Rhapsody.
Music is so powerful...

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home