Thursday, October 06, 2005

who put prozac in my coffee?

some things make no sense to me. Like how on some days everything can be going fine but you feel depressed and like crap (like yesterday), and on other days, life throws you some curves but you are happy as can be.

Take today for instance. Last night was a rough one with very little sleep (Kenzie's fault, not Seb's). I got up at 5:20 this morning to bring my mum to the airport. Seb woke up early and didn't go back to sleep. I looked at Seb and CJ snuggling in bed and they just melted my heart. They are my two favorite guys in the world.

Traffic coming into Seattle from the airport was terrible, so I got off at an earlier exit and wound my way through town to my office. 3 blocks from my office I get pulled over by a cop. Apparently they changed this route to "bus-only" from 6 am to 9 am. After taking down all my information and presenting me with a ticket for $101, the cop explains to me that he would suggest I go with #2 on the back of the ticket which would allow me to explain my situation (I normally take the bus etc.) and that if I have a reasonably good driving record they might clear my ticket. Instead of being upset about the ticket, I felt all warm inside that the cop was so nice to me. HA!

So I bought myself a latte at Starbucks and here I am sitting in my office, looking through emails and feeling all happy and giddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

you are so sweet K - It IS amazing how some days you feel great for no reason... I am glad you are havign one of those days!

11:39 AM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

some cops are so nice!

glad you are having a better day.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it when cops aren't being mean we think they're being nice? Frankly the #2 option is correct because Karen you didn't know it was for buses only and was an innocent mistake. I love your blog Karen because you write about the crap that this world shovels at us yet you're always upbeat. In particular I love the pics of Seb and Kenzie, when I was having a bad day at work those cute pictures made me smile when I needed to be cheered up.

Keep on blogging.
love Mrs Lacey

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home