Friday, December 29, 2006

big abbreviated update

okay lots has happened since I last posted. First of all we had Christmas. It was really nice. On Saturday night I took Kenzie to see the nutcracker. We met with Andrea, Mum and Glenda. Ewa and her kiddos were there too but we didn’t sit together;. But Ewa and her crew came over to our place afterwards and stayed the night. This was us all having breakfast together on the morning of Christmas Eve. The kids were really excited about Santa’s imminent arrival.
kids 094

Andrea and Chris and Omi came over to celebrate with us in the afternoon. Isaac came for a while too and he and K has so much fun playing together. It was the first time we have spent Christmas all together in 5 years. It was really nice.

kids 119

kids 125

kids 134

gingerbread 009

I was amazed at how many presents we had.
kids 109

I was also really surprised that the kiddos were good and patient and played with their toys while the rest of us finished our fondue dinner before we opened any gifts. That was Sunday night. On Monday we opened the remaining gifts and Isabella and Nina came over. They brought with them a ton of gifts for the kids and the coolest thing is that everything was handmade – books, hats, scarves, pillows, painting…. It made me tear up. I love those two.

Seb in the hat Nina made for him.
kids 166

Isabella and Kenz with the painting Isabella made for K
kids 148

This week we’ve been hanging out. I’ve really enjoyed having the week off of work. This is the first time in years that I have had a full week off at Christmas (my office is officially closed) and I love it. Yesterday was K’s birthday. She enjoyed her gifts from us and from Omi but her official party is tomorrow. She and I also went to see Happy Feet together and she really liked it (despite the scary seal part).

Today the kids and I went to the Ontario science centre. That place is so cool and so much fun. Next time we go I have to get a membership. It’s only 15 minutes away.

kiddos 041

Kenzie took this picture.
kiddos 043

kiddos 045

kiddos 046

kiddos 071

Tomorrow we are having a big party for both kiddos…. Well Kenzie mainly, but we cancelled Seb’s party cause he was sick so we’ll celebrate his birthday too. I am excited but also overwhelmed with all the work we still have to do to get ready by 3:00 tomorrow. Ah well, it’ll be fun I’m sure. That’s the abbreviated update. More to come soon. Love you. - K

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas - sure was weird without spending it with you guys. We sure do miss you. Please tell the babes we love them and I will see you this Friday :)

Hugs & Kisses
DW2

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home