Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Omi

I need to give a big shout out to Omi. I know I bitch about her a lot (and to be honest, she does exhibit some really freaky “odd” behaviour sometimes) but she has been a Godsend the last few days. Last week when the kids were both sick she took care of them on Monday and Tuesday – even keeping them overnight at her house on Monday night so that CJ and I could get some rest. After our failed attempt at bringing Seb to daycare on Wednesday (they called me at 10:00 in the morning saying that he had a fever so CJ had to pick him up and stay home with him), Omi came to the rescue again. She came to our house on Thursday morning in time for CJ and I to both get to work on time). She stayed at our house with Sebby and pampered him all day - making him homemade soup and giving him lots of love. She even picked up Kenzie after school and brought her home to play rather than having her going to after-school daycare. Omi then stayed at our house overnight so that she could take care of Seb again on Friday. Then she watched after Kenzie while I took Seb back to the doctor again on Friday afternoon (by this time, he had been diagnosed with a sinus infection and/or strep throat and was still running a fever every time the antibiotics wore off).

Okay… so fast forward through the weekend. Seb is still super cranky and unhappy, his mouth has broken out into swollen, inflamed bleeding gums and small blisters, he’s on a second type of antibiotics and he still is a mess. So on Monday morning Omi comes back to our house to take care of him again. She takes him to urgent care only to hear “Hmmm, I’m really not sure what’s wrong with him”, from the doctor. She picks up Kenzie from daycare so that both kids can have a good nap at home. She then takes both kids back to the doctor so Kenzie can have her annual check-up and so she can get a second opinion on what is wrong with Seb – this time the doctor seemed to know what she was doing and told mum he had viral gingivitis and gave her some intructions on how we can treat it. After all this Omi brings the kiddos back home and makes dinner for the whole family – mashed potatoes (NOT from the box) and gravy for Seb since his mouth is sore, and something completely different for the rest of us.

Since CJ and I were a mess yesterday after not sleeping for over a week (Seb was up almost every hour of the night every night since he got sick), Omi insists on taking him home with her so that the rest of us can get some sleep.

Last night for the first night in ages, CJ and I had a solid 9 hours of sleep. I slept like a rock and feel like a different person today. I talked to Omi this morning and she said that Seb had a great sleep at her house (I swear she has magical powers) and that he seems happy and energetic this morning.

All I can say is THANK GOD for Omi. I don’t know what we would have done without her over the last week. She truly went above and beyond and I am so grateful for her.

Thank you Mum, I love you very much. HUGS

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of her Karen!

1:15 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

That is awesome of your mom Karen! I hope little man starts feeling better soon.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home