Saturday, April 14, 2007

hi, its me again

I’m home! I am so happy to be back. My mum had the kids yesterday so I took a cab to her house after I arrived. The car pulled into her driveway and I saw Omi. Kenzie and seb standing in the window banging on the window, waving madly and blowing kisses. I was so tired but I couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear. Then when CJ came to pick us up there I felt so happy. Damn I missed my family so much. It was so good to sleep in our bed last night and to wake up and have our regular weekend morning cuddle-fest in our bed this morning! I am a happy lady today. Oh and this is what I saw when we walked in the house yesterday. How did I get to be so lucky?

DSCN7704

So, going back a bit… I finished my last meeting on Thursday at about 4:30. Hadley and I were talking to each other on our cells trying to figure out where we were so we could meet up. I’m on my phone saying “where are you? I’m on the corner of Pine and 5th….” And she says “okay, I’m ummmm…. Let me see, right across from Nordstroms on Pine and 5th”. I look up and we are standing beside each other – I mean – like 2 feet apart!!!. Ha ha ha. There was a guy on the corner who looks at us and laughing says “HA! Thank you for letting me witness that… that was awesome!”

Anyhow, we ran into the Gap so I could buy myself some comfy clothes to change into (I didn’t want to wear my work clothes out). After that we got in Hadley’s new Tourag (COOL car!!!) and picked up Karen and headed to the Lucky Seven. I think the stress of the week got to me… the drinks were going down way too fast and I had a great time! Thanks Hadley, Karen, Dawn, Sam, Deb, Steve and Nabila for coming out. It was so awesome to see you again.

DSCN7699

DSCN7698

DSCN7697

damn, I STILL had a double chin!
DSCN7701

Karen - great shot!
DSCN7702

I have to give a special shout-out to Sam! Thanks so much for driving me back to the hotel and for taking us to the old Fred G Meyer on the way so I could pick up the toys for the kids (Steve, we looked for the Xbox game for CJ but they were out of stock…. My mission today is to find it for him!). Sam, the toys were HUGE hits!

DSCN7703

Anyhow, I’m glad to be home, and looking forward to our weekend. The kids have there first gymnastics classes tomorrow. I can’t wait to watch them. I think it’ll be super cute!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness!! That is one horrible smile I have!!!! It was great to see you. Miss you terribly!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home