Monday, April 09, 2007

Thoughts from the plane…..

So I’m on the plane now between Minneapolis and Seattle. I have some pretty wide-ranging mixed feelings. On one hand I am nervous – I am going to Seattle to do some work that has could be somewhat contentious (or even hostile); and on the other hand I’m excited - I am looking forward to seeing my friends on Thursday night – but frustrated that that might be my only opportunity to see them and so sad that CJ can’t be with me; I am looking forward to having some me-time – even if it’s limited to getting ready for work in the morning in an un-frenzied environment; but mostly I am so sad being away from my family - I am such a homebody and family person. I often miss CJ and the kids when I am just at work for the day. We had a wonderful weekend which makes it even harder to go away.

To add to my mixed bag of emotions, a) I feel bad for leaving CJ at home with all the child responsibilities, b) since having kids I have become very anxious about flying, c) they just made an announcement asking if there was a doctor on-board and d) this flight was delayed for hour and a half because of a “potentially dangerous dent” which was then deemed to be “safe”. I am supposed to be picked up at the airport by a coworker who I’ve never met (no idea what he looks like or how I will know who to meet) who will then drive us to a meeting. Now I don’t know if he will wait for me and if he does will I cause us to be late for the meeting.

Anyhow… so there is my mind dump.

Back to the weekend. I don’t feel like writing about all the typical Easter stuff. Suffice it to say that the kids had fun, were well behaved and ate far too much chocolate. We had a really nice family dinner at my mum’s house and everyone seemed to get along. CJ and I also got to have a really fun time with some friends who came over on Friday.

BUT something that warms my heart every time I think about it was how my sister interacted with Kenzie and Sebastian. Andrea was is taken by Mackenzie. I can see it in her eyes. I truly believe that Andrea loves that little girl as much as she possibly could (as much as she would her own daughter?). It makes my mother’s heart smile so big. It’s also so nice to see Andrea developing a relationship with Sebastian. It was sweet when Sebby told Andrea that he wanted her to sit beside him on the floor and then when he went and drew flowers on her hand.

Anyhow.. those are my random thoughts for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home