Tuesday, May 22, 2007

end of a long weekend

Yesterday, CJ took the kids out for breakfast AGAIN! Two days in a row. How lucky am I? Later in the morning, we went for a run/bike ride – well CJ ran and I rode my bike with the kids in the trailer. We went around the lake. It was really nice and surprisingly the kids didn’t yell, scream or fight when they were in the chariot. I think it’s all in the timing. Since it was almost lunchtime I think they were getting tired.

After lunch we all had naps – luxury! Then in the afternoon we played outside again – mostly in the backyard. I got a little nostalgic - our neighbours were having a “long weekend BBQ” and had a bunch of friends over – the same type of thing we’d have done if we were in Seattle. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be and the 4 of us just hung out, the kids played, CJ and I ate chips and salsa and had a couple drinks and we enjoyed the sunny day.

Shortly before 9:00 we were getting ready to go to the park to light our fireworks when the phone rang. It was Sue. I asked if they wanted to join us and sure enough they did. Five minutes later we were set up in the park ready to watch the fireworks. It was actually very fun. CJ did a great job with the pyrotechnics. Seb LOVED them. He would yell and clap and laugh. It was fun watching him. Kenzie on the other hand found them to be a bit loud. In general though a good time was had by all.

may21 007

may21 011

may21 022

may21 012

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

karen, it looks like such a great life. I just wanted to say I miss you, but I am so glad you are so happy. :)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home