Monday, May 14, 2007

weekend: part 1

Okay so the weekend is over and I am more exhausted than I was when it started. It was a good one though. First of all, mum took the kids again on Friday night. I think the best part of my weekend was sleeping in on Saturday morning. How amazing is that. Ahhhhhh. I feel good just thinking back to that. I spent Saturday morning lazing around, drinking coffee and watching Napoleon Dynamite with CJ.

Then when I was properly caffeinated I headed out get beautified (brows and pedicure). The guy that gave me a brow wax so kindly asked if I wanted a lip wax. I’m all “uh, no thanks”. I’ve never really been too stressed about lip hair – I mean I’m sure I have some but it’s not thick and dark like a mustache… his response was “why not, are you scared?” No, you idiot… but I’m going to be self-conscious about lip hair now for the rest of my life. Ass!

Then I went shopping – birthday pary presents, mother’s day presents and a few other random things. I got home and CJ and I just hung out and relaxed until 3:00. Then we headed over to my sisters place. Ha, poor Andrea. She and Chris invited both moms, Chris’s Dad, his nephew (who his parents were looking after), and the 4 of us. They also had Isaac on Saturday. So here’s the high-maintenance, type A couple who (85% of the time) are childless and they have their house full of kids and “family”. Ha ha ha. It was a bit crazy but very fun. We all had a blast.

Penny playing soccer with the kids – she is awesome.
IMG_0144

Our hosts.
IMG_0138

playing with the hungry hippo game
IMG_0147

food
IMG_0149

playing golf
IMG_0133

kids
IMG_0166

CJ and I had a babysitter planned for that evening and we did go out but we were so tired that we were back home by 10:00.

I’ll write about Mother’s day in a separate post later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home