Tuesday, April 24, 2007

the last 5 days

Wow, where to start? It’s been a busy week. Last week I left work early and picked up the kids from daycare. Then we drove to my mum’s house cause Omi was taking the kids for a couple days to give CJ and I a break. Since I was driving to buffalo the next morning I stayed overnight too. It just so happened that spring in Toronto started on Thursday afternoon. It was such a welcome change to the winter weather we’ve been having. The sun came out and it felt so good. So my mum put some lawn chairs out in her front yard (the backyard was already in shade). She and I sat out there and watched the kids play on the yard – with dolls, wheelbarrow, bubbles etc. As time went on several of her neighbours walked by. They all stopped to say hello and stay for a glass of wine. By 8:00 there were about 10 of her neighbours sitting out there with us… they all made a fuss over the kids too. Which I always love.

So, on Friday morning I got up early, kissed the kids goodbye and headed for the buffalo airport where picked up two friends – Jatana and Amy for our scrapbooking weekend. They arrived on-time and soon we were back in the car headed for home. I can still hear their southern accents. LOVE IT!

Anyhow, we arrived home around noon on Friday and the scrapbooking began. It was a lot of fun. I was very happy to get kenzie’s baby album done and was also able to make an album for our neighbours who are expecting a baby (girl) next month. Here are a few of the pages that I like.

Kenzie’s
DSCN7785

DSCN7783

DSCN7770

The gift album
DSCN7814

DSCN7816

DSCN7828

DSCN7832

Okay so we basically scrapped, chatted, laughed and ate all weekend. On Saturday we were joined by Jennifer and Linda. Linda also brought Megan, which made Sebastian and Kenzie very happy. We all went out to wild wings for dinner on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun. Sebastian has a crush on Megan. Can you tell?
DSCN7805

Okay, so fast-forward…. Yesterday I drove the ladies back to the airport and then picked up the kids from daycare on the way home. We had a great afternoon together. We watched a movie while there was a huge thunderstorm outside. We had ice cream cones, and after the sun came out again, we went for bike rides. We walked by Brian and Sue’s house and Rachel, Jenna and Sophie were playing outside. So they took charge of Kenzie and Sebastian and Sue and I just stood outside enjoying the weather and chatting. It was very nice. I am really looking forward to this summer. It seems that our neighbourhood is full of kids and people seem to be very social and friendly.

DSCN7855

DSCN7842

So there you have it. That was the last few days in review. I am looking forward to this week since it seems that the nice weather will continue for a while. Also, CJ is in training this week so he will be off work at 4:00 every day so we can spend our evenings together. That is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home