Sunday, May 20, 2007

mid weekend update

On Friday afternoon I picked the kids up from daycare and we drove to my mum’s house. CJ was playing music with some friends from work so we decided to let him sleep in on Saturday. WE had a nice evening at Omi’s. The kids played nicely. Mum’s neighbours Tony and Glenda came over for some wine. Kenzie and Sebastian had a hoot playing with Tony – T&G don’t have kids so they love to play with K&S when we come over.

Saturday morning was a bit draining. Both Sebastian and Kenzie are going through a “trying phase” right now. They both seem to know exactly what to do to tweek each other… oh yeah and to tweek CJ and I. Well yesterday was one of those mornings. Thankfully at about 11:00 mum said to me – “why don’t you take some time for yourself”. So I jumped at the chance and went to the curves by her house (I love this club courtesy arrangement). After working out some of my stress I felt much better. Headed back to Omi’s to put the kids down for naps and then I went for a nap too. When I woke up CJ was there and was mowing the lawn for mum – I love him. He is such a sweet heart and I know my mum was very grateful too (her back has been acting up). Soon after Andrea and Chris arrived and the party started 

We had a beautiful day. The kids spent hours playing with a giant cardboard box that my mum kept for them (from her new garden furniture). They played house, used it as a slide and just had a hoot. They also enjoyed playing ball, playing in the pool and just “entertaining” the adults. CJ and I enjoyed a game of croquet. I need a proper croquet set. We all had a really good time. The food was delicious (mum prepared it and CJ bbq’d it), Andrea enjoyed her gifts and everyone got along. No family drama hahahaha.

IMG_0269

IMG_0259

IMG_0258

IMG_0256

There’s a reason I married this man.
IMG_0254

IMG_0253

The birthday girl
IMG_0252

We came home, put a couple tired kids to bed and went to sleep ourselves.

This morning my wonderful husband got up with the kids and took them out for breakfast so I could sleep in. After breakfast he took them both to gymnastics while I got the house into some sort of acceptable state. We don’t have any major plans for the rest of the weekend except to perhaps do some gardening, clean the fish tank, bbq a bit and maybe hit the playground. Ahhhhh I love long weekends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home