Saturday, June 02, 2007

The best-laid plans of mice and men....

Things don’t always work out as planned. We had plans for a fantastic weekend. Omi offered to take the kids from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. CJ and I were going to go out one or both nights; we were going to get the kids closets sorted, the garage purged and sorted and the basement purged and organized…. Well it didn’t work out that way.

On Thursday night Seb had a rough night. He was coughing a lot. He woke up at 3:00 am and neither CJ nor I could get him back to sleep. So on Friday morning I left work early so I could pick him up from daycare before naptime so he could have a good sleep at home. Well I got to daycare at noon and while all the other kids were eating lunch, Seb had told his teacher he was tired and had gone to lie down already. When I walked over to get him from his cot he looked up and I could tell right away that he had a fever… you can see it in the eyes. I brought him home, gave him Tylenol and put him to bed. I called Sue to ask her to pick up Kenzie from school so I could let Sebastian sleep. So at about 2:45 Sue showed up with Kenzie and a gaggle of kids… two of her own (Rachel and Jenna), Jenna’s friend and Vicki and Greg’s son. Kenzie as in heaven having all these big kids to play with. They were easily amused with some Mr. Freezies and went out back to play. When Seb woke up from his nap he looked terrible… and I could tell he felt like crap.

Sue took the kids to the park, mum showed up and I took Seb to the doctor. I’m glad I did cause it turned out he has bronchitis. The doc sent us home with 2 inhalers, antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. I obviously didn’t want mum to take the kids with Seb being so sick. But she stayed over so she could help out in the morning. Luckily the meds seemed to help pretty quickly and he had a fairly good sleep.

He didn’t cough at all last night (which made me panic at 1:00 am when I woke up… I stood in his doorway and watched his chest rise and fall for about 5 minutes before I could relax) but he did wake at 4:30 ready to play.

Anyhow.. so this morning we all got down to business…..CJ went grocery shopping and then hit the garage (you did an awesome job honey – thanks). Mum and I watched the kids, sorted out the craft stuff, went through both their closets, and did laundry. At 10:30 mum took kenzie to meet Andrea and Isaac and the 4 of them hit a ceramics place to make something for Father’s Day.

CJ put Seb to bed at 11:30 and then headed out to meet some new folks who are looking for some bandmates. He and a couple guys spent a couple hours noodling around on their guitars. I’m glad CJ got a chance to meet some new musicians and play some music.

I took some time to make some cards that I am behind on making for a card exchange. I wasn’t feeling very inspired and now I feel a bit embarrassed by the final product but here it is….

IMG_0417

As soon as I finished the cards I started to feel really crappy.. it was one of those situations when you go from feeling good to terrible in about 30 minutes. I can hardly swallow now and my ears are also killing me. Luckily, mum called to say that she had taken Kenzie back to Oakville and they were going swimming at a friend’s house. She also suggested that she keep Kenzie overnight (am I going to argue with that?? Hell no!)

Sebastian was in a good mood and pretty mellow when he woke up. We hung out until CJ came home. Then we took a quick trip to the park and shortly thereafter I went to bed (where I am now). Here are some pics from the park – as you can tell Sebastian is feeling much better now.

IMG_0423

IMG_0425

IMG_0427

IMG_0430

IMG_0431

IMG_0439

So it wasn’t the fun, productive, carefree weekend that we had hoped for but it could have been worse. Anyhow. I am still feeling like crap so I think I’ll go to sleep now. Fingers crossed that tomorrow is a decent day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have always prefered Carolina over Duke anyways, there is nothing quite like "Carolina Blue"....but really, on a black shirt c'mon. Put 'im in sum fine Carolina Blue Adidas.......as you were.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i drink...i fish....i smoke....and yet,....I am.

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like soup...all soup...lotsa soup...

Spilt Pea
Potato
Minestone
Miso
Hot & Sour
Egg Drop
Vegetable Beef
Chicken Noodle
Bean with bacon
Tomato
Clam Chowder
Lentil
Chicken with Rice
Turkey Pot Pie
Chicken & Dumplings
Chicken Corn Chowder
Broccoli & Cheese
Chicken & Suasage Gumbo
Beef Barley
Cream of Mushroom
Cream of Chicken
Cream of Celery
Vegetable
Cream of Broccoli
Matzah Ball
Gazpacho
Avocado
Black Bean
Vichyssoise
Corn Chowder
Pasta Fagioli
Pepper Pot

3:16 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Darwin.... I miss you!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Missy Glave said...

So sorry to hear your weekend did not go as planned. When our little ones get sick, it's so darn hard isn't it? I'm glad to hear that he's feeling better now ... and I hope you feel much better soon!!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Missy Glave said...

Oooops ... I forgot! Your cards are darling ... those participating in the swap with you will be tickled to get one of your cards!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home