Thursday, July 12, 2007

stressed and bitchy

Do you ever feel just really restless and antsy? That’s how I have been lately. I’ve been having a really hard time concentrating on work and when I am home I feel really “scattered”. It’s almost like I am waiting for something to happen. It’s killing me to sit in my chair at work and try to get stuff done. I feel like I am missing out of something. I think it’s socializing. I think I am going through “girlfriend happy hour withdrawal”. Seriously. What I need is a good 2 or 3 hours out with my girlfriends (you know who you are – Karen, Hadley, Dawn, Sam, Rachel, Bila, Deb) to shoot the shit, gossip, gab, bitch about work and taking care of kids etc. I think that would put everything in my life back into balance.

So, ladies – anyone want to come to Toronto and visit me?

Oh yeah –and our house is a pig sty. I’m sure that is adding to my anxiety. I just can’t bring myself to clean it. Our dining room table is covered in clean laundry that I don’t feel like putting away. The floor needs to be swept and swiftered. But what is the point when the kids will dirty it up again within seconds.

I am tired of my kids being so emotional. Seriously. I never know what is going to set them off. And if I hear any more whining I think I am going to explode. I swear – there is something about the tone or pitch of the whining sound that triggers some sort of brain chemical related to anxiety. My heart rate is increasing just as I think about it.

Okay so enough bitching. I am going to focus on some good things.

Tomorrow is Friday and I will have the afternoon off. I will go to curves or play squash with Andrea to work off some of this restlessness. On Saturday I am going to an all day crop with Vikki and Jacquie. That should be fun since I haven’t done any scrapbooking in about 3 months – since the NC ladies came to visit. I am going to put some pages together for spring, summer, camping and other various random events of teh last few months.

My mum is coming back next Tuesday. I actually missed her a lot. She’s been gone for almost a month and I will be glad when she’s back.

And next Friday my friend Nikki is coming for a visit – YAY! We are going to do an “urban photography” shoot with the kids on Queen St. West. I think that will be a lot of fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I miss our happy hour time too. would love to sit and have a bitch session with you too. Do you get a visit back to Seattle for work or is your new position changing all that. You might have to come for Rachel's wedding????

Love the pictures of you guys camping but no way could be better than our old Smokey Jo camp outs. haha

Love ya and miss ya, Deb

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home