Wednesday, June 13, 2007

what I needed

this morning I woke up feeling like hell again. I decided to stay home and sleep so that I could get rid of this bug once and for all. I was amazed at how tired I was. I went to bed at about 11:00 and was just dozing off when I heard the front door open. It was my mom.... she decided that I needed some mothering. I was both annoyed (I didn't want any of her "you need to take better care of yourself" lectures) and relieved (sometime you just need your mom to take care of you when you're sick).

So I fell asleep and ended up sleeping for about 4 hours. When I woke up my mom told me that she was going to get the kids from daycare and take them back to her house for the night. At first I argued (rather pathetically) but then I graciously accepted.

After she left I went downstairs and found out that she had done all our laundry, filled the freezer with a bunch of frozen meals and made CJ and I an eggplant bake for dinner tonight. She rocks!

anyhow, so I was feeling kinda shitty... guilty for missing work and guilty for not seeing the kids this evening. But I have to admit I am starting to feel better. I think I really needed a day of rest. and now I am actually very excited about seeing the kids tomorrow and having fun with them. I am surprised at what a difference one day of rest makes, but now I am thinking that I should have done this last week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was great of your mom! Sometimes all we need is a day of rest. It sure makes a difference.

Ashleigh

7:27 PM  
Blogger JL said...

it is so nice mom can help. I hope you are all better today K...

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Omi rocks hard sometimes.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home