Monday, June 11, 2007

June 8th weekend in review

So it’s Monday again. The weekend went by much too quickly. It was filled with many ups and downs. First, the downs… I am still sick and feeling crappy. I finally went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I have been given anti-biotics and nasal spray to help relieve the symptoms. I am not sure if I will be going to Seattle tomorrow or not. The way my head feels now I think it might just explode on the plane. But I told the Project Manager that if he couldn’t postpone my meetings that I’d be there. I am hoping he can postpone them though because I’d like to go when I’m feeling better – not only for the flight and work stuff but also so that I could enjoy seeing my friends more.

Also CJ is having a hell of a time with his allergies. I mean they are BAD. Poor guy sounds like a whistle and I know he feels like crap. Now to add to all of this, the kids are still not 100%. Both kiddos are still coughing and now Seb has an upset stomach. Ugh… when will it end?!

Okay, now for the good stuff…. On Saturday we went to the Woock’s house for a barbeque. We met most of the people who will be camping with us in July. It was a blast. I mean the adults are all great and CJ and I met some wonderful people who I hope to get to know better. CJ and I hardly saw the kids. The kids in this group range from 2 ½ (Seb and Nolan are both the same age) up to 13. The older girls seem to love taking care of the little kids – especially seb. Here is a picture of him with his “older women”

IMG_0515

And Kenzie and Seb love all the bigger kids. Kenzie also made friends with a little girl Sofie who goes to her school and is also in kindergarten but in a different class. They were inseparable the entire afternoon.

IMG_0514

IMG_0517

The afternoon made me really look forward to our camping trip!


IMG_0505

IMG_0509

After we came home and got the kids to bed CJ went to meet up with some folks that he met through a Craigslist ad. They are starting up a band and needed a bassist. CJ is primarily a guitarist but went ahead and responded anyhow. He played bass with these folks on Saturday night and he said he had a really good time. I am so glad. I know it is really important to him to have music in his life. Now, although he’s not playing guitar, he can at least have fun jamming and playing music. I hope this works out for him.

Yesterday morning Kenzie and I went to get our nails done. When we got home we picked up the boys and headed out for lunch. We found a great spot that has a wonderful outdoor patio – we were able to enjoy some lunch and sun. CJ and I enjoyed a nice summer cocktail as well.

When we came home we all went down for naps and then after naps the kids played in the backyard with their new sprinkler toy. It’s actually a pretty cool toy. CJ amazed them with his magical abilities.

IMG_0524

IMG_0530

IMG_0534

So there you have it. A Brief (or perhaps not so brief) summary of our weekend. And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home