Friday, June 08, 2007

pity me

Woe is me.

Come and join me in my self-pity party.

It’s 2:11 am on Friday morning. I am in the guest room wishing that someone would shoot me with a tranquilizer. It’s been a week of kids being sick – Seb with bronchitis, Kenzie with pink eye and a cold, and now yesterday Seb got a stomach virus and has been throwing up. I have been fighting a cold since Monday and it just keeps getting worse. Right now my throat and lungs feel like they are raw and bleeding. But I can’t stop coughing and everytime I cough it hurts like hell. I am so nauseous right now… I haven’t eaten anything more than a bite of chicken soup, 3 rice cakes and an unlimited amount of tea in the last 3 days. The nausea could be a result of taking cough medicine about half an hour ago on an empty stomach. Could be because I’m exhausted. Between getting up with sick kids and being sick myself I haven’t had much sleep.

And to top it off I have a big meeting tomorrow – well I guess that’s actually “later today”. It’s the kick-off meeting for a project I just brought in (woot… yay me… note sarcasm). New client, several managers from his organization …. and I have to lead this 3 hour meeting and I’m not even prepared for it.

I think I have a fever right now. I’m sweating and freezing.

Next week I am off to Seattle. Although I am looking forward to seeing my friends – the thought of the almost full day of travel, followed by a series of meetings and ending with a red eye flight back home is NOT appealing.

Let me end this pity party by saying that I wish my mum had booked her trip to Europe any other time but when CJ is in Montana for a week. As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, the kids are at a very trying age right now and I am dreading trying to deal with them by myself for a week.

OMG I think I am going to throw up…..

1 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Awww, I sure hope you are feeling a little better by now.

Here's hoping the whole family is A-1 shape for the weekend...HUGS to you all.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home