Tuesday, October 02, 2007

and we are into fall now

Ok, so a few notes about life in the Ingram household since I last blogged. In general things are very good. The weather is really nice these days. Beautiful fall weather. Things seem to get a lot busier in the fall – the extracurricular activities start, traffic is worse, work gets busier and the energy level just seems to go up everywhere. Kenzie is doing well, although she told me today that she liked last year’s teacher better than her new one. I think part of that is just that her new teacher is, well “new”, and Kenzie takes after her mum and doesn’t like change much. Seb is a bit like that too and had a hard time adjusting to Kenzie not being in his class at daycare anymore… poor little guy missed his big sister. He’s also resisting any change in his current bathroom routine – I fear that he’ll be the only kid in diapers in kindergarten next year!). Anyhow, they both seem to be doing well now and are happy. Kenzie has made lots of new friends already, and is happy to be with her old school friends again. They are both enjoying the weather and we are spending a lot of time at the park.

IMG_0016

IMG_0032

I am adjusting to my new job at the TTC. I’m REALLY enjoying the work and starting to feel like I’m getting my head around the project, the organization and the work. The commute though SUCKS! I hate the extra time I have to spend in the car and in traffic. But I suppose I’ll get used to it. I am already leaving the house at 6:30 to avoid traffic, I can’t get up any earlier!

What else, … ah… CJ and I got the chance to go out and listen to some music on Sunday. We went with Sue and Brian and their girls came over and took care of our kiddos. Kenzie and Seb had a great time and CJ and I had a great time too. We went to a pub in Stouffville and sat outside on the patio where they had an open mike for finger style guitar players. There were a couple guys there who were spectacular. We enjoyed some good music, conversation and some yummy pub grub. It was a nice afternoon.

IMG_0058

IMG_0052

IMG_0051

What else… oh yeah, I’m now on parent council at Kenzie’s school. I’m a bit afraid. It seems to be quite political and I am not sure what I’ve gotten myself into, but we’ll see. At least I feel like I am more in touch with Kenzie’s school “happenings” and will know what’s going on. I am head of the environmental committee and also in training to be treasurer next year. This year my focus will be on implementing some environmental improvements – my top priority is to get some trees and native species plant life planted around the school. I am appalled by the sea of concrete that is there now.

This coming weekend is thanksgiving here in Canada. Dad is coming for a visit and we will be hosting the family for a Turkey dinner on Sunday. I am looking forward to that a lot! I love when we all get together and everyone heps cook and we drink wine and just enjoy spending time with each other.

I am also having lunch with Andrea and mum today. Andrea works about 2 minutes from my office. It's so nice to spend more time with them now that we are back in Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home