Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

It’s almost the end of March… it’s 11-1/2 days and 8-1/2 work days until CJ and I go on our child-free, all you can eat/drink/sleep vacation to the Dominican. I think both of us are EXTREMELY excited – that is an understatement.

Yesterday CJ and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary! On one hand I feel like the time has just flown by. On the other hand we have done SO MUCH! Most importantly….. we made two amazing little people. CJ, I love you more today than ever. I love you more and more each day. I think you are an amazing person and I am so, so, so lucky that you chose me. Thank you for everything you are and everything you do.

So….. I can’t say that we have been doing too much exciting lately but we sure seem busy. I planned a surprise shower for Andrea and it took place on Saturday. I think it was a total success. She was completely surprised, AND happy. I was worried that she wouldn’t enjoy it because she had always said “I don’t want a shower”… but I just thought that she needed one. This will probably be her only child so she needs to celebrate. She is adorable. She is skinny as ever but she has a perfectly round little soccer ball belly. It’s so cute. Yesterday I put my hand on her belly and the baby gave me a big kick. I jumped! It was great. I made a scrapbook for Andrea. It was definitely a labor of love. I took pics of some of the pages if you are interested. Unfortunately her and Chris’s reaction to it was kind of luke-warm (I don’t think they even looked at more than the first 4 pages). I was a bit disappointed, but what can you do. I still enjoyed making it and hopefully they will pictures in it (if they don’t, I will) and hopefully my niece will enjoy looking at it when she’s a bit older.

Yesterday we went to my mom’s house for Easter dinner. As much as I love entertaining, I certainly appreciate going to someone else’s house. My mum has been so great lately. The week before last was March break. Mum ended up taking the kids all week – at first for a couple days of adventures, but then later she kept them longer cause they were sick and needed some Omi-love and pampering. It was great for CJ and I on many levels… we got some much needed rest, we knew they were well taken care of, and we didn’t use up all our vacation time staying home with sick kids. Mum also took the kids last Friday to give me a day to finish the scrapbook and make these little shower favor tags.
IMG_0284

She and my dad (who is in town visiting for Andrea’s shower and for Easter) took the kiddos to Disney on Ice this morning and then back to mum’s house for naps and dinner. It’s nice cause I was able to get the house tidied up a bit (our house is a total sty about 5 minutes after the kids walk in). It’s horrible.

Any how. That’s about it for our news.

p.s. Happy Birthday Steve! I hope you had a good birthday. Wish I could have been at your party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home