Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Kenzie's going to preschool!

I am so excited. There is a park near us - it is basically a small farm with chickens, roosters, pigs, horses, sheep etc. We often take the kids there so Kenzie can run around, see the animals, play on the swings and we can have a picnic. I love that place. They have large open fields and lots of tall mature trees and paths just perfect for nature walks.

They also have a small one-room school house on the property.

I just signed up Kenzie for a preschool progarm starting in January. (I am really psyched because all their other preschool programs (i.e. the ones starting in September) are fully booked with long waiting lists. She has to be 3 to start this preschool so she just got in.

Here's the description:

If your child was too young to register for preschool in the fall, join us in the Winter for our newest preschool class. Each session will be 10 weeks long, with a theme based curriculum that will include: language, math, science, art, music, and environmental education. This preschool program will focus on social development in a safe, supportive, developmentally appropriate environment.

She will be going two afternoons a week for ten weeks starting in January.

I really hope she loves it. I think she will and I also think it will be good for socially.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrsf1231 said...

that is awesome Karen. We are going to start looking into pre-k for Kendall. She and Kenzie seem like they are so alike.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

I'm SOO jealous! That place sounds amazing!! I bet she'll have so much fun. Great find!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home