Wednesday, November 09, 2005

random thoughts #327

Last night was fun. It was a typical night... I got home, walked through the garage door, bent down on one knee and Kenzie came running over to give me a hug. I gave CJ a kiss and hug which made Sebby laugh. My favourite person in the whole world (CJ) then made me a drink (which, I might add was extremely strong). I proceded to get drunk. Seriously.

But before that I played with Seb and Kenzie - we did our usually game... Kenzie gets on my back and tells me (the horsey) to "get Bastian"... he takes off like a bat out of hell and I crawl after him and try to catch him. I reach out and grab him, midcrawl, and we all fall on the floor together giggling hysterically. It was fun. I am looking forward to a repeat tonight.

So.. in a matter of hours I will be on the plane to Philly to meet a bunch of friends. I am excited and nervous. I hope that I don't embarass myself. I hope I can hold my liquor like I could when I was in my 20's. I hope we all get along. I hope I don't pass out in a public place. I hope there are no incriminating photos taken. I hope we all have fabulous memories 4 days from now.

I'm going to miss my family terribly. I am missing them already and I haven't even left yet. At least I'll be home by Sunday morning so I will get part of teh day to hang out with them before having to go back to work.

And with that, I will leave you with this song.

Sometimes I think that I know
What love's all about
And when I see the light
I know I'll be all right.

I've got my friends in the world,
I had my friends
When we were boys and girls
And the secrets came unfurled.

City of brotherly love
Place I call home
Don't turn your back on me
I don't want to be alone
Love lasts forever.

Someone is talking to me,
Calling my name
Tell me I'm not to blame
I won't be ashamed of love.

Philadelphia,
City of brotherly love.
Brotherly love.

Sometimes I think that I know
What love's all about
And when I see the light
I know I'll be all right.
Philadelphia.


- Neil Young

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

awe I am gonna miss you K!
have a great great time. I need to plan a nite to take you out to sushi so you can tell me all about it. Let me know when you are free....

6:58 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

Ooohhhh - I know you're going to have a BLAST! I'm so jealous!! Enjoy yourself!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home