Monday, July 23, 2007

whirlwind weekend

Wow. What a weekend. It was so, so fun. But I am exhausted and sore now. I need about 24 hours of sleep and a couple percocet and I’ll be good as new. So lets start at the beginning. Friday morning. I was getting ready to go to the office – I was all excited about picking up Nikki and her baby, Ozzy, at the airport at 4:00. Nikki pops up on IM and she’s having a panic attack. She’s nervous about flying. So she joking says that Clint (her husband) should just drive them up (from just outside of Philadelphia – about a 8 hour drive). “Sure!” I say. “do it!!!”. The only thing is – they have 3 other kiddos (besides the baby) all under the age of 5. “I’m up for having you guys if you are up for the drive”, I say. “Hang on”, says Nikki. Ten minutes later she’s back on…. “okay we’re coming!!!!”… and that’s how it started. So a about 8:00 Friday evening the Nikki family arrived.

It was a whirlwind weekend, but oh so fun. And we did so much. On Saturday after breakfast we went to the playground.

Breakfast at our house.
IMG_8264

The playground.
IMG_8179

Then we headed down to Queen Street for an “urban” photo shoot, then came home and the kids had some down time.

Urban artsy shot - I'm sure Nikki's are much better :)
IMG_8226

IMG_8215

IMG_8223

Nikki getting her picture taken with the Travelocity gnome.
IMG_8218

Quiet playtime.
IMG_8196

Spiderman popsicles for the boys.
IMG_8191

In the afternoon Omi came by to visit. Then we all went to Lake Wilcox and met up with a couple of my “new friends” Bev and Vikki (I met them through Sue) and Nikki took pictures of their kids.

This is Erin – isn’t she darling?
IMG_8238

Bev, Oz, and Sophia.
IMG_8241

Then we all went out to our favorite wing restaurant for dinner.

Wild Wings
IMG_8251

Kenzie trying to win a stuffed animal for Hads.
IMG_8245

Bedtime!!!!
IMG_8140

Yesterday we went to Toronto Island. I think the kiddos really enjoyed the ferry ride and they loved the rides at Centreville - the train, the ferris wheel, the merry-go-round, pony rides etc. I just need to say THANK GOD that they had wagons available to rent there.

Waiting to get on the ferry
IMG_8268

On the ferry.
IMG_8312

On the Island
IMG_8272

The merry go round (Kenzie and Hads could have stayed on this thing for hours)
IMG_8285

The train (Seb could have ridden this all day long)
IMG_8276

Ice cream for all (I thought we did well…. 5 kids + 2 dropped ice creams = 7 ice creams)
IMG_8291

I’m in heaven… I couldn’t stop smelling his head and kissing his cheeks. SO CUTE!
IMG_8296

After we came home some kids napped (Lennon and Kenzie) and the others played quite nicely together. I was quite surprised at how Corb, Hadley and Seb got along and were so happy playing trains. Nikki, Clint, CJ and I actually got to sit down and relax for a bit.
IMG_8327

At about 4:30 my friend Kat and her two little boys came over. We blackmailed the kids to sit together by throwing hershey’s kisses at them.
IMG_8356

The two professionals
IMG_8367

More popsicles
IMG_8342

I think Sebastian needs to go on a diet.
IMG_8348

After Kat left we got all the rest of the kids ready for bed, the kids jumped on the bed for a while, we had an “attack karen” game, then we read stories and then all passed out! And then it was Monday again  I am sad. I miss those guys already. I especially miss smushy Ozzy. I love him so much…. And Kenzie was quite smitten with him too. She wanted to hold him all the time.

I am now looking forward to us heading down to the Beck Farm for a weekend.

I need to give a big shout out to my fabulous husband CJ who took everything in stride this weekend. He was totally laid back about these people coming to our house, the kids running wild and getting no sleep. I love you honey - THANK YOU!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool recap :) Glad you all got together.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home