Sunday, June 01, 2008

Canada's Wonderland

Yesterday CJ decided that he was going to clean up the garage. If you saw our garage before you’d understand what a huge endeavor this was to undertake. So, to support him as best as I could, I decided to take myself and the kids away for the day to give him peace and quiet.

I had previously mentioned to the kids, the possibility of going to Canada’s wonderland – it’s only 20 minutes away but we haven’t managed to make it out there yet since we moved here. To be honest I kind thought it was a bit too much for the kids… I didn’t think they were old enough.

But yesterday morning we considered going. The weather report called for “strong showers” so I was a bit dubious. But then we looked outside and the sky was clear and the sun was shining, so we packed up, threw the wagon in the car and headed out the door. I called Omi to see if she’d want to meet bus and she did! So at 10:00 am we met her at Canada’s Wonderland. When we arrived the parking lot was almost empty and there were no lines… so I decided to bite the bullet and buy season passes for the kids and I. I figure that since we are so close, we can drop in there in the evenings on week days, go on a few rides and be home again before bedtime. They also have some good concerts there in the summer.

I any case… The day was a HUGE success! The kids area is HUGE! And it’s perfect for these two kids. We stayed for almost 6 hours and the kids still didn’t get to try every ride in the KIDS AREA! Here are a few pics from the day… I can’t wait to go back. They have really done a great job with that place and I love that they have so much for the small kids to do.

Kenzie and Scooby Doo
IMG_1299

Merry Go Round
IMG_1302

IMG_1308

Driving cars
IMG_1378

On the roller coaster
IMG_1335

IMG_1336

Swings
IMG_1343

Balloon Ride
IMG_1363

Fishing for prizes
IMG_1346

Prizes
IMG_1347

Planes
IMG_1312

Mini rockets
IMG_1315

Bouncing rocket
IMG_1369

Jumpin Jet
IMG_1364

Mini Putt
IMG_1326

Ice cream
IMG_1332

The Dora Show
IMG_1349

IMG_1355

Kenzie loved it
IMG_1352

Kenzie got a butterfly face.
IMG_1390

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy J said...

ah, I wondered where the painted face in your sig came from! Looks like a very fun park!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home