Sunday, July 06, 2008

Our front patio

Yesterday morning Angela & the kids came over to visit. While the kids played, she and I sat outside and chatted. I mentioned to her that we were planning on bringing the kids to Omi’s in the afternoon and that CJ and I were going to plant the flowerbed out front (we just had the patio finished last week). So Angela put together a plan for us. It was great!

IMG_2050
IMG_2062

By the way check out the flower yard out back this year. It looks nice.
IMG_2056

IMG_2047

After dropping the kids off, CJ and I hit Home Depot and then Terra’s (which has got to be the best nursery ever). We picked up a ton of cool plants including climbing vines, a weeping mulberry tree and a bunch of perennials. I also bought one annual because the colours were so pretty. So having the whole evening to ourselves, CJ and I headed home. We made ourselves a couple delicious G&T’s and started working. CJ even buried a soaker hose while we were planting and he will be hooking it up to our rain barrel – how Eco-friendly.

Here are some before and after pics of the fruits of our labours.

IMG_2070IMG_2086


IMG_2075IMG_2085


IMG_2072IMG_2091


IMG_2088
IMG_2080 IMG_2079
IMG_2089 IMG_2090


This is the planter I got from Terra’s a few weeks ago. I love it!
IMG_2084
By 8:00 we were done. CJ grilled up some steaks and I made a fab salad and some kick-ass guacamole. We enjoyed a delicious dinner before retreating inside and watching a movie.
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE come and do my yard! It looks awesome! You both should be proud of you accomplishment!
Love, Leigh

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home