Sunday, July 20, 2008

summertime

I love summer. And it’s going by way too fast. I love summer evenings. After work, we are usually busy with some sort of kids extracurricular activity – swimming or soccer. When the kids don’t have anything planned then CJ and I usually end up sitting out front watching the kids play with their neighbourhood friends.

Last weekend I decided to invite the Wood kids over. Kenzie and Sebby both get along really well with Sophie and “big” Sebby. Interestingly, Rachel wanted to come over too. She is 9 and so I didn’t think she’s want to come, but I guess my invitation which included baking cookies, swimming and going to the park was appealing enough.

Since Sue was gone to Isle of Mann I asked Brian if Jenna might like to join us too. It was a fun day. The kids totally entertained each other and CJ and I had more R&R than we usually do. Kenzie and Sophie played with their new Build a Bears outside. Rachel and Jenna made necklaces, and the boys were wild and jumped on furniture downstairs.

IMG_2207

IMG_2191

IMG_2189

IMG_2249

IMG_2245

IMG_2218

IMG_2217

IMG_2214

I love this picture. All 6 of them are smiling/laughing.
IMG_2237

On Sunday night Andrea and Chris came over to babysit for us and CJ and I went out on a date night. We just went to East Side Marios for some drinks and appetizers in the bar, but we enjoyed it!

On Thursday Kenzie and I took Shannon to soccer (Brian was in a bit of a predicament – 3 girls all playing soccer at 7:00 at different fields and his wife still out of town). Afterwards Kenzie and I got our nails done. It was fun. The place we go to totally makes it fun for Kenzie. They paint her finger and toenails with polish and add little flowers. All for $10.

As we were finishing up, Helen (with Seb and Sophie) met up with us. We headed over to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. It was fun. The kids entertained themselves and Helen and I chatted and had a few laughs.

On Friday night Kenzie and I headed over to Andreas to babysit Jordana. Jordana was in a great mood. We had a ton of fun and got in lots of laughs and cuddles. Could this little baby be any cutter. I love her soft hair and sweet smiles.

IMG_2340

IMG_2337

IMG_2324

IMG_2335

IMG_2299

IMG_2321

Yesterday Omi came to visit. The plan was for us to have a barbeque and then go to see “The Secret Garden” at a local park – they have an outdoor theatre and host a number of plays throughout the summer. Well, mum showed up and we were chatting inside when the skies opened up. It was actually really fun. CJ was bbqing, so mum and I sat on the front porch and enjoyed the wine and watched the rain coming pouring down. Seb was still sleeping… he fell asleep for a nap at 3:00, and Kenzie was watching a movie.

IMG_2347

When dinner was ready Seb was still napping (this was now ~ 7:00) and he had no intention of waking up (despite CJ, Kenzie and I all trying to get him up). So the rest of us enjoyed a really nice dinner. The food CJ made was amazing – teriyaki salmon, asparagus and rice… mouthwatering. It’s amazing how much more enjoyable dinner is with only one child. No fighting, no whining, … It was so nice.
Anyhow. I convince mum to stay over instead of driving home. So at about 8:30 she took Kenzie to bed and CJ and I went to bed too. Seb was still sleeping.
Ha ha ha. So that explains why I am up at 4:00 in the morning. After a good 12 hours of sleep, Seb decided it was time to get up from his nap. He was very hungry and thirsty ha ha ha. So now he is in our room watching The Backyardigans and eating Bear Paw cookies and drinking chocolate milk. I am tired…. Lol. Thank goodness its the weekend.

When everyone else wakes up I will see if mum wants to take the kids to church with me. It would be the second time I’ve been to church since moving back to Canada – yep bad catholic. In the afternoon the Woocks are coming over for a visit and a drink. Sue got back from Isle of Mann yesterday so it will be nice to catch up with her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home