Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Years

So it’s now officially 2009 and I am very happy about it. I think 2008 was a kinda tough year but 2009 is going to be amazing. I just have a really good feeling about it.

It started off with a bang… The Ingram’s hosted our very first New Year’s party. In attendance were approximately 15 kids, 14 adults, 2 cats (one of which peed on poor Zoe), 1 dog, and 4 (?) fish. I was pleasantly surprised by a number of things:

1. The kids didn’t fight and all played nicely together.
2. The adults got to play pool.
3. We had lots of good laughs.
4. I had a nice buzz going the whole evening and didn’t get too tipsy or too tired.
5. We had a ton of yummy food (thanks to everyone who brought stuff)
6. Koda was a relatively good dog and didn’t eat enough food to make her explode.
7. EVERYONE stayed up to midnight (John woke up from his nap in time)

And……


8. The house wasn’t trashed and it was super easy to tidy up afterwards.

Here are some pics.

kids
IMG_4714

more kids
IMG_4718

IMG_4720

don't you love the streaks in Emily's hair
IMG_4721

IMG_4745

12 kids watching one movie
IMG_4737

Adults
IMG_4728

IMG_4726

IMG_4723

IMG_4715

My sexy husband
IMG_4712

a few minutes before midnight

IMG_4744

IMG_4740

So… here we are. 2009. CJ and I are both at work today because we are busy but (especially in this economy) I think that is a very good thing. I am so pleased that I made the switch to this job.

Brian sent out an email about this summer’s upcoming camping trips and I am excited about that.

I have decided I’d like to try to take a trip to Vancouver BC this year and I’m going to try to convince all my Seattle friends to meet me there.

Hopefully CJ will be able to join his buds for the Montana fishing trip this year (if “new-dad Brown” is allowed to go).

The kids are doing great and Kenzie has just found her groove in so many ways (socially and academically).

Any who… I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, healthy and prosperous 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home